I've added the meta tag in the home page of http://osedebame.blogspot.com/. access to wealth: Be Your Boss

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Be Your Boss

Here is a nice piece of advice on how to be your boss.It is from a friend and mentor.

People regularly ask me how they can quit
their jobs and go into business full time.

They say since I don't work for anyone, I
will be able to share some tips.

If you're one of those people, then this piece
is for you. Here are the things I suggest you
do.

Convince Yourself

The first thing you need to do is to convince
yourself if that is what you really want to do.

When I ask people why they want to quit
their jobs, they say things like "I don't like
my boss" and "It's cool to be self employed".

Such reasons are not strong enough. You
need to have a strong and burning desire
to become an entrepreneur or you will quit
along the way.

Start a Part Time Business

Most people I've met want instant
transformations. It doesn't work that way.

You need to start your business on the part
time, preferably fro m home. When your
business begins to grow and can pay as
much as your job gives you, then you should
consider quitting your job.

Be Disciplined

Running your own business requires a lot of
hardwork especially when you're still keeping
your day job.

You will have less time on your hands to spend
with your loved ones. That is a sacrifice you
must pay at the begining.

Persevere

No successful business was created overnight.

Contrary to what people believe generally,
entrepreneurship is not glamorous. It's one of
the easiest ways to have a heart attack
especially if that is your only source of income.

But hang in there. The lesson is invaluable and
you will come out with great success at the end
of the day.

I wish you all the best.

No comments: